Friday, February 13, 2015

Power Salad


I recently started the 21 Day Fix, you can read more about that here, and one of the areas I was lacking in my diet was more green. I eat vegetables with every dinner, but your body needs more than that. I'm a busy mamma, as are  we all, so I decided to put together salads in containers to store in the fridge to be able to grab as I am heading out the door. This gives me NO EXCUSES! No excuse for not eating my salad that day! I bought the big bag of Kale and Spinach Mixed Greens at Costco, divided it up among the containers, adding Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds, from Whole Foods to make the salad more hearty. I added a crumbling of Feta and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to my salad when I am home, but left those out for my containers for fear of the Feta turning funky in a warm car (YUCK!) but if you have access to a fridge at work or something that you could go ahead and add it ahead of time. I have to admit, Kale has a bit of a funky taste... It takes some getting used too. I certainly will say it is not my favorite, but it is good for me. Adding the EVOO to the salad helps incorporate it all together without the added calories of a dressing! Enjoy your Power Salad on the go!


No comments:

Post a Comment