Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Alfredo
Yield: Serves 4-6
1 cup fresh basil
3 large chicken breasts
1 large onion
8 cloves of garlic
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons of flour
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound cooked al dente linguine
1. In a medium saucepan, on medium heat, add you stick of butter, freshly cracked black pepper, 4 minced garlic cloves, and your flour. Let your rue thicken and whisk to get all lumps out.
2. Slowly add in you heavy cream. Whisk repeatedly to ensure no lumps.
3. Add in your parmesan cheese and whisk until thick and delicious! Turn heat to low. Stir occasionally while cooking the other components of your dish.
Tomato Basil Chicken:
1. In a large sauce pan, on medium heat, pour in your olive oil. Add you diced onion and half of your diced tomatoes to the hot oil. Let it simmer and reduce for about 5-8 minutes.
2. Salt and pepper both sides of you chicken breasts and add them to your onion and tomato mixture in the saucepan. Add the rest of your diced tomatoes along with 4 mince garlic cloves. Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper throughout the saucepan, cover, and let simmer for another 5-8 minutes.
3. Flip your chicken, add in half your chopped basil, and cover your saucepan. Let sit for another 5-8 minutes. Cooking times on your chicken will vary depending on their thickness so make sure not to overcook (or undercook) your chicken. The easiest way to check your chicken is to cut a slit in the middle of the largest breast and if you see all white and nothing is running pink (blood) than you are good to go and cooked through! If you see a very faint pink go ahead and let cook for another 2ish minutes.
4. When your chicken is all cooked through, pull the chicken breasts off, and put on a plate to the side. Slice each breast up in strips. Then, scoop up all those yummy reduced tomatoes, onions, and basil, leaving behind the oil in the pan. Add the tomato, onion, and basil to the alfredo sauce that you made. Add the cooked linguine directly to the cheesy mixture. In a large serving dish add all your pasta and the sliced chicken to the top. Sprinkle with some fresh basil to garnish and place in the middle of the table for a family style serve. Enjoy!