Yield: 12-14 servings
4 cups whole organic oats
1 cup fine ground flax seed
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 cup Rice Crispies
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add your coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and sugar. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes until liquid and smooth. Stir well.
2. In a large bowl, add your oats, flax, rice crispies, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
3. Pour your liquid syrup mixture into your oat mixture and mix well.
4. Cover two baking sheets in foil and spread out your mixture evenly.
5. Bake at 300 F for 30 minutes. Pull out at the 15 minute mark and stir well and put back in baking for an additional 15 minutes.
As promised, in my previous post, I was going to make granola today and put up the recipe. I took a tiny little nibble and man it was delicious! I can't wait to gobble it up for breakfast! Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. I bought almost all my ingredients at Whole Foods, and I had the rest already in my pantry. The total cost for about a month supply of this granola (two batches) is about $18. Whole Foods sells their bulk granola at about $3.99 a pound which lasts about 3-4 servings for a pound making it about a $32 a month cost. Enjoy!