Lemon Rosemary Garlic Buttered Turkey
Yield: Serves 8-10
One 12 pound thawed turkey
2 heads of garlic
2 medium onions
3 pounds of baby red potatoes
1 can of chicken broth
1 cup of water
4 lemons, zested and sliced
1 stick of room temperature butter
salt and pepper
1. Thaw out your turkey for THREE days in our fridge. When completely thaw, remove the giblets from your turkey, wash out the cavity and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Quarter all your potatoes and onions and place on the bottom of your roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix your butter, one head of minced garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Separate the skin from the turkey breast and rub half of your butter mixture under the skin. Rub the rest of the butter mixture on the outside of the skin.
5. Place your lemon slices under the skin of the breast and inside the bird's cavity.
6. Place your bird on the roasting rack in your pan. Salt and pepper the entire bird.
7. Pour your water and chicken broth into the roasting pan.
8. Cut off the top of the second head of garlic and place inside the cavity of the turkey.
8. Place a foil tent over your bird. Cook for 3 hours at 325 F. Half way through remove the tent. Make sure to baste your turkey often (every 20 minutes or so) with the juices at the bottom of the pan.