Alfredo Sauce with Linguine
Yield: Serves 6
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
1 stick of butter
6 cloves of garlic
2-4 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley, optional
1 box of linguine
1. In a large pot for your linguine, fill with water, and sprinkle in salt to come to a boil.
2. Add your butter, flour, minced garlic, and fresh cracked pepper in your saucepan on a low/med heat. Let the butter melt, but not brown, mixing occasionally so the flour doesn't stick. After about 5 minutes your butter should be fully melted and all ingredients smooth and incorporated.
3. Pour in your heavy cream and your Parmesan cheese to your butter mixture and stir slowly to incorporate all ingredients.
4. Boil your linguine for 10 minutes, until al dente. During these 10 minutes continue to stir your Alfredo sauce so the bottom does not burn. Add your linguine to your Alfredo sauce's pot.
5. Mince your fresh parsley and add to the Linguine Alfredo pot and stir together.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
First, there are so many recipes for Alfredo sauce floating around Pinterest that have cream cheese...um...NO!!! There is no cream cheese in Alfredo and there never has been. Second, this is a heavy sauce so fix it just for special occasions (or everyday)! And third, and most important, it is addicting! That I can promise! :)