Friday, May 30, 2014
Yield: 2-3 dozen
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp white vinegar
2 1/4 cup milk
2-3 cups frozen blueberries
1. Separate your eggs, in two bowls, and whisk your egg whites into peaks. Set aside.
2. Melt your butter and slowly whisk it into your egg yolk.
3. Add your vinegar, milk, vanilla, and sugar to your egg yolk bowl.
4. Add in your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and mix well.
5. Fold in your egg whites
6. Heat your griddle to medium and gently ladle out your batter. Sprinkle blueberries into the freshly poured batter. Once you see bubbles, flip your pancake. The pancakes should be a golden color.
I like my pancakes on the thinner side, as you can see from the picture, but if you like yours thick leave out the vinegar and 1/4 cup of milk. I topped these pancakes with a blueberry sauce I concocted. Here is the blueberry sauce recipe:
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Put all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and mix well.
2. Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes until warm.
3. With your fork, gently mash your blueberries extracting all that yummy goodness! Don't mash all the blueberries, but just enough to make your concoction saucy. Drizzle over your stack of pancakes and enjoy!