Yield: Serves two
2 large chicken breasts (about 1/2 a pound each)
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of homemade breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of dry basil
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
Two cups of homemade tomato sauce
1. Heat your saucepan to medium and coat with olive oil.
2. Mix the herbs and breadcrumbs together and put on a plate next to your saucepan.
3. In a shallow bowl whisk your egg and salt.
4. Thoroughly coat each chicken breast in your egg and then move it to your breadcrumbs to coat.
5. Cook each side of your chicken for about 2 minutes depending on how large. Each side should start to crisp up and turn a golden color.
6. In a baking dish, add your tomato sauce and chicken breasts. Sprinkle your cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 450 F for 10 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Enjoy your juicy chicken on a bed of yummy pasta! I made this recipe up as I went along. I used my husband and children as taste testers and it was both husband and kid approved! Enjoy!