Pulled Pork Sandwich
Yield: Makes 6-8 sandwiches
2 1/2 pounds of pork tenderloin
1 1/2 cups root beer
1 medium onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of ground cayenne powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
10 shakes of hot sauce
12 oz bottle of BBQ sauce
1. Cut your tenderloin in two inch thick slices, making roughly five slices. Lay your tenderloin slices on the bottom of your slowcooker heated on LOW for 8 hours.
2. Sprinkle your salt and pepper over your meat. Add your chopped garlic and onion along with all your spices.
3. Pour your root beer over your meat and cover.
4. When you have one hour left on your timer (hour seven) use a wooden spoon and work your pork until shredded. Mix well to incorporate all the juices. Add in the bottle of BBQ sauce, mix well, and cover for the remaining hour.
5. Enjoy hot on ciabatta rolls and I bought mine at Costco. You can also store any left over pork in a Ziploc bag and freeze. Enjoy!