Bite Sized Pecan Pies
Yield: 120 pies
120 Athens Phyllo Shells
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of Karo light corn syrup
1 stick of melted butter
3 large eggs (beaten)
1. Chop your pecans roughly and portion out about 3/4 teaspoon to each phyllo cup.
2. Melt your butter in the microwave for about a minute.
3. In your Kitchen Aid Mixer, with the whisk attachment, beat your eggs for about a minute.
4. Add in your salt, brown and granulated sugars, and melted butter. Mix well.
5. Add in your corn syrup and mix well.
6. Carefully pour your mixture over your pecans in each phyllo shell. Only fill half way!! I know it is tempting to cover the pecans with the mixture, but if you do the shells will overflow while baking.
7. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Only bake one tray of pies at a time.
8. Let your pies rest for at least an hour before serving, or let cool for serving. They refrigerate well and will last about 3-4 days in your fridge.
These Pecan Pie Bites are so much better than traditional pecan pie because you get all the "good stuff" from the pecan pie with out the feeling of it being so heavy. I surely didn't regret eating five last night, where as I would have regretted eating a whole slice for pecan pie. Ahh, the guilt we put on ourselves for eating yummy food.... Happy Holidays!