Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Yield: two dozen
3 cups shredded zucchini
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate
1 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2-4 oz Ghirardelli Bittersweet Baking Bar coarsely chopped
1. In your Kitchen Aid mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add your shredded zucchini, heavy cream, oil, lemon juice, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, and mix well.
2. While on a low speed, slowly add in your chocolate powders, until blended and smooth.
3. Turn off your mixer and add in all your dry ingredients. Mix on low until blended well (1-2 minutes).
4. Add your chopped Ghirardelli chocolate and mix for 10-20 seconds until blended well.
5. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray and line each tin with cupcake liners. With a 1/3 measuring cup, spoon your batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes. Enjoy!