Saturday, August 1, 2015
Flax Seed Steal Cut Oats Granola
Flax Seed Steal Cut Oat Granola
Yield: 15-20 servings
2 cups Coach's Steal Cut Oats
4 cups rolled oats
2 cups finely ground Flax seed
2 cups sliced almonds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups real maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 300 F
2. In large bowl mix together all your dry ingredient.
3. Melt your coconut oil, add in your maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour into your dry mixture. Mix well until all oats are coated.
4. Foil line two large baking sheets, spray with cooking oil to prevent any sticking.
5. Separate you mixture between the two trays and spread flat.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Pull trays out, with a spatula move granola around to prevent clumping, and place back in oven for additional 20 minutes.
7. Let cool for a few hours and then store in an air tight container for several delicious meals to come.
I eat this granola every single morning with a big plop of Greek yogurt and a fruit of my choice. I'm really into peaches this summer and have been slicing them into the granola and yogurt mixture. Its so good!! The combination of the granola and Greek yogurt keeps me nice and full for several hours which is great because I am a mom to three little ones and eating usually ends up on the back burner for me until they are content and I get a moment to myself. Enjoy!