There are three different types of Fat: Lazy Fat, Skinny Fat, and Fit Fat. Which are you?
Lazy Fat: This is pretty self explanatory. Fat that is developed due to laziness and not eating right. Eating the wrong foods, like chips, ice cream, burgers, fries....the list goes on and on... And being lazy. But good news, those that are "Lazy Fat" lose fat the fastest! Yes! That means all you have to do is get off the couch, throw away the chips, and go for a long walk. And repeat. And repeat again. And again. And again. You will loose an average of 2-5 pound PER WEEK if you have "Lazy Fat"! It is that simple! A high intense cardio workout with weights would be ideal for Lazy Fat. The Fat will melt right off!!
Skinny Fat: This is someone who diets. Diets. And Diets. And diets some more. Its one "fad" diet after another. They will lose 10 pounds in a week just by cutting out sugar, carbs, bread, cheese, gluten, watermelon with the seeds, pears with the greenish yellow skin, apples only with the red skin, and so on an so forth until they have nothing but lettuce to eat. That's no fun for anyone. Especially the person they are living with. This person jogs. That is their idea of working out. They have no muscle mass. Their spine doesn't look developed. They look weak. Sad news for this person, they gain weight very fast. Their body is in starvation mode and their muscles are not defined so when they quit their insanity yo-yo dieting they will in fact balloon up. For the "Skinny Fat" following an eating plan is a must along with strength training to develop the spin, core, and be able to burn calories.
Fit Fat: This is someone who works out 3-5 times a week. This person has well defined muscles hidden under a layer of fat. This person is strong, has a spine, and will be larger than the average person for the rest of their life. This person doesn't gain or lose weight. Weight lifting, cardio, and Pilates combined is perfect for this person so they can lose inches, not pounds!!
According to the CDC over half of America's population is overweight. Overweight is defined by having a BMI over 30. There are two types of Fat: Brown Fat and White Fat. White Fat is cushioning, heating, and metabolism. Brown Fat is found in babies and grown out of.
- Large fat droplets get mixed with bile salts from the gall bladder in a process called emulsification. The mixture breaks up the large droplets into several smaller droplets called micelles, increasing the fat's surface area.
- The pancreas secretes enzymes called lipases that attack the surface of each micelle and break the fats down into their parts, glycerol and fatty acids.
- These parts get absorbed into the cells lining the intestine.
- In the intestinal cell, the parts are reassembled into packages of fat molecules (triglycerides) with a protein coating called chylomicrons. The protein coating makes the fat dissolve more easily in water.
- The chylomicrons are released into the lymphatic system -- they do not go directly into the bloodstream because they are too big to pass through the wall of the capillary.
- The lymphatic system eventually merges with the veins, at which point the chylomicrons pass into the bloodstream.
Found on Science.com
In order to break down the fat cells you must maintain energy. In order to maintain energy you must workout. Diet is only part of the weight loss journey. Working out and eating the right super foods in combination is a guaranteed way to loose weight.
What kind of Fat do you have? Are you ready to shed that coat of Fat? Contact me today!