1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa
I didn't end up using the Ghirardelli bar pictured
1. In a medium saucepan, add your milk, cream, and vanilla. Let simmer on Low-Med for 15 minutes.
2. Add your sugar, chocolate, and cocoa.
3. Mix well with your immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender than dump into your food processor and then add back to your pot when blended.
4. Let your mixture simmer on Low-Med for another 20 minutes until it has thickened.
5. Let your mixture cool and then refrigerate over night.
6. The next day, turn on your Cuisinart Ice Cream maker and add your chocolate mixture to it. Let it run for 20-25 minutes.
7. Your mixture should like this when finished. Serve immediately or store in a freezer safe container and enjoy late! :)