Thursday, November 15, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

For those of you who have been following along my food journey, and for those that know me, know that the only chocolate I use is Ghirardelli. The other night I decided to take what I had in the pantry and in the fridge and turn it into ice cream. Oh MMM Gee! It turned out to be the best chocolate ice cream I have ever had! It is a small quantity, but large in flavor so you only need a little bit! I just made the recipe up as I was going along and thankfully things went smoothly!






Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa


 
I didn't end up using the Ghirardelli bar pictured
 
 
Directions: 
 
1.  In a medium saucepan, add your milk, cream, and vanilla. Let simmer on Low-Med for 15 minutes.

 
2. Add your sugar, chocolate, and cocoa.

 
3. Mix well with your immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender than dump into your food processor and then add back to your pot when blended.

 
 
4. Let your mixture simmer on Low-Med for another 20 minutes until it has thickened.

 
 
5. Let your mixture cool and then refrigerate over night.
 
6. The next day, turn on your Cuisinart Ice Cream maker and add your chocolate mixture to it. Let it run for 20-25 minutes.
 


 
7. Your mixture should like this when finished. Serve immediately or store in a freezer safe container and enjoy late! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment