Rosemary Lemon Chicken Thighs
Yield: Serves 6
2.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon of rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
1 bell pepper
1 sweet onion
4-6 gloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper
1. Mince your garlic, dice your onion, julliene your bell pepper, slice your lemon and set to the side.
2. In a large pan, with a lid, coat the bottom with olive oil and turn on medium.
3. When hot place your peppers, onions, and garlic at the bottom of the pan and let brown for about 3 minutes.
4. Salt and pepper your meat and place in your pan over the onion and pepper mixture.
5. Sprinkle rosemary over the whole dish and place your lemon slices on top.
6. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
7. Move to a 425 F oven, without lid on, and finish cooking in oven for an additional 20 minutes until golden brown!
I threw this chicken dish together the other night when I was trying to think of something "clean" and "healthy" that both my husband and my children would eat. Originally spinach was going to go in this dish but noses were turned up at that idea and I adapted and did lemon and rosemary instead. I made sure to cook a heaping portion of broccoli to go alongside the chicken and served with pasta (obviously not clean or healthy but hey what can I say)! It was a a big hit here and very simple to make! This would be a a great 21 Day Fix Approved Chicken Dish to make at the beginning of the week and portion out for meals throughout your week! I hope you all enjoy! Happy Cooking!