Monday, October 21, 2013

DIY Halloween Outfits

Happy Halloween everyone! Here are the Halloween outfits I made for my kids to wear to the Pumpkin Patch this week! I will post pictures of our Pumpkin adventures after we go! :)


Here is the dress I made for Chloe to wear. I chose a black chevron material to pair well with the orange polka-dot material of the pumpkin. I don't have an applique machine, so I used the iron-on fabric adhesive to attach the pumpkin, that I had cut out, and then I roughly stitched the edges of the pumpkin in black embroidery thread. I do have an embroidery application on my sewing machine, so I was able to stitch "Chloe" on to the dress to personalize it. I topped the dress off with a satiny orange ribbon and a matching ribbon hair bow. 



Here is the shirt I made for Cooper's Halloween outfit. I used the same fabric adhesive and the same black chevron to make a tie and added a small pumpkin to the tie. I was able to stitch on "Cooper" with just enough space. It turned out a little sloppier than I had hoped, but jersey material (the T shirt) is so dang hard to work with so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. 

I hope you all enjoy and let me know what you all think of their outfits! I will post shots from the Pumpkin Patch this weekend! :)



The pictures from the pumpkin patch turned out great! I love their Halloween Outfits so much! Hmmm... What to make them for next year? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment