Saturday, July 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Lasagna


Slow Cooker Lasagna 
Yield: Serves 6

Ingredients:

1/2 box of lasagna noodles (9 noodles)
1 pound of ricotta
4 cups of your homemade meat sauce (I used my Bolognese Sauce recipe)
2 cups of shredded mozzarella


Directions:

1. Turn your slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
2. Pour half of your meat sauce in the bottom of your slow cooker (2 cups) and spread out.
3. Line three uncooked lasagna noodles on top of your meat sauce. Spread half of your ricotta cheese on top of the noodles.
4. Repeat step 3: Place another line of three noodles and spread the remainder of your ricotta on top.
5. Top with three more noodles in a line and pour the remainder of your meat sauce on top. Spread out evenly. You now have a three layered lasagna cooking in your Crock Pot!
6. Cover and cook on low for 3.5 hours. When there is thirty minutes left sprinkle your mozzarella on top of your lasagna and cover for the remaining thirty minutes. Serve immediately.



I made this recipe up on the fly. I am trying to come up with some recipes for this fall when school is back in session and we will be busy busy all day long. This is my first attempt at a slow-cooker pasta dish and boy did my kids devour it. My husband chowed it down as well. Overall, for a first time pasta dish in the slow cooker, I am super excited for it's ease and success!


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment