Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"Thanks For Letting Me Whine!"


Today was my son's last day of his first year of preschool! Where has time flown by? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was touring his school and signing him up to start! I am having a bit of a mommy-moment today... full of sadness and joy all rolled into one! 
My son, Cooper, has had two of the most amazing teachers this past year. They are a mother and daughter team, mother is the lead teacher in the two year old classroom and her daughter is her assistant teacher. They are so sweet, take the time to get on their hands and knees and really get to know your children. I am so so so happy we decided to send my son to preschool this year. Financially it was a stretch for us, but we made it work. My son has changed so much since starting school last August. He is more social, more vocal, and overall more happy. I am a stay at home mom and before he went to school, two days a week, I was his whole world. I did make sure to teach him his ABCs, 123s, and how to spell his name before he entered preschool, but he has learned so much more just from being around other children on a more regular basis. I think that preschool is an important part of a child's early development! 
That brings me to what this whole post is about.... Cooper's teachers are wonderful and put up with twelve whiny, fussy, and limited communication two year children everyday. They deserve a reward, vacation, winning the lotto, and all those fabulous things! I can't give them that, but I can give them wine! I gave each of Cooper's teachers a bottle of wine and labeled the front of the card, "Thanks for letting me whine!" and inside I wrote each teacher a letter from my son saying a truly heartfelt appreciative thank-you for how important they are to him! I gave Cooper's teachers their gifts today and they both said they planned on celebrating the end of school by cracking open the bottles of wine tonight! I am happy that they will be enjoying their gifts! I hope you all can pass on the "whine"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment