Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tomato Cream Sauce with Linguine



Tomato Cream Sauce with Linguine
Yield: Serve 4-6

Ingredients:
1 box of Linguine
4 cups of my homemade tomato sauce, recipe here
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup shredded parmesan and/or ramano cheese*

Directions:
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil with a teaspoon of salt and a drizzle of olive oil in the water. When it comes to a boil, add you Linguine and cook until al dente (8 minutes - 10 minutes).
2. While your water is boiling, add your tomato sauce to a large saucepan and place on medium heat. Let it come to a simmer-low boil.
3. Once your sauce is at a low boil, add your heavy cream and reduce the temperature down about two notches. Let it simmer until your pasta is finished cooking.
4. Drain your pasta into a colander and set aside.
5. Add one cup of parmesan/ramano cheese to your creamy sauce and stir in for one minute. Add your cooked pasta to the saucepan and incorporate it into your sauce. Serve immediately.

*Note: I buy the big bags of already shredded parmesan and ramano cheeses from Costco and mix them together in a large bowl. Then, I portion the mixed cheeses into smaller quart sized freezer bags to store in my freezer for easy access and so they remain fresh.

I love making this recipe because it is so darn easy. It takes about 10-15 minutes from start to finish and I always have all the ingredients on hand. The sauce is paired perfectly with Linguine, in my personal opinion, but you could also put it on tortellini, fettuccine, or even spaghetti. This is one of my husband's favorite Vegetarian meals that I fix. The taste is divine and everyone is full after a big bowl of my Tomato Cream Sauce with Linguine as the main course! Enjoy!

Don't forget to like Cooper and Chloe on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment