Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Butterfly Nursery Decor




I am feeling very nostalgic this week. This time, last year, I was focused on getting my daughter's nursery done for her arrival! I can't believe it has been almost a whole year since my daughter was born. I can't believe how fast time has flown and it has been almost a whole year since I held my baby girl in my arms for the first time!




  I decided to go with a purple wall color and white butterflies to accent. We used the same espresso furniture that we had used in our son's nursery again for our daughter. I added pops of white throughout the room with white picture frames, white butterflies, and I made the mobile out of white paper and white ribbon.  I bought the white butterflies at Target and used, I believe, one hundred and thirty on her wall and another ten or so in her bathroom.


I made the mobile using a 14" metal hoop that I found at Joanne's and wrapped it with ribbon. I then used clear jewelry cord that looks like fishing line and glued white butterflies that I cut out with a Martha Stewart punch. I ended the strands with a large pearl and secured it with hot glue. 


Centered between the two windows in Chloe's room I placed her changing station. I fitted the pad with a white cover and bought four matching baskets to store diapers, wipes, ointment, toys, and put her dirty clothes in. Above the changing station I framed a pearl "C" that I made for her.


I bought a large white picture frame from AC Moore and bought two pieces of high quality damask print scrapbooking paper to back the project. I used about one hundred stick on pearls, found in the scrapbooking section, and formed a large "C" for Chloe. I love the way it turned out!

I love my daughter's nursery and I designed it so it was simple but has a touch of elegance for her to be able to grow into. I have to admit that her nursery is one of my favorite rooms of my whole house! 




Don't forget to "Like" my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page! 



1 comment:

  1. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here web site

    ReplyDelete