Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pork Chili Verde


Pork Chili Verde: In the Slow Cooker
Yield: Serves 6-8

Ingredients:

2 pounds of cubed pork tenderloin
3/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 16oz jar Green Salsa (Hot)
1 head of garlic, peeled and smashed
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of cayenne red pepper (powder)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder

Directions:

1. Cube your pork on a cutting board and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Set aside and wash your hands well.
2. On a new cutting board, chop your cilantro, peel and smash your garlic, and dice your onion. Add all your vegetables to your blender or food processor. Add your jar of green salsa, salt, pepper, and all your spices to your blender or food processor and blend well for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour your mixture into your slow cooker and than add your meat into your sauce. Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn the slow cooker on High for 6 hours.
4. When there is one hour left on the timer, use a pastry cutter to chop your meat up. If you do not have a pastry cutter, than shred your meat with two large forks. Once your meat is chopped or shredded, cover and let cook for the remainder of time. 
5. Enjoy the meat in a taco or a burrito, with or without beans, cheese, and sour cream, all on a bed of lettuce. Delicious! 

    I made this recipe up last night because were were having guests over for dinner and I was planning my menu around the fact that I had six very ripe avocados that needed to be eaten. I decided to make my homemade guacamole, recipe here, and do a spread on the table for everyone to build their own burritos. I cooked a huge pot of black beans, had a big bowl of shredded Mexican blend cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc. This is what I came up with for the meat. My husband has ordered something similar at Mexican restaurants before, so this is my rendition of it! I hope you all enjoy...I know my husband sure did! :)  

Note: I used Mrs. Renfro's Hot Jalapeno Green Salsa... It is expensive, but worth the money for the flavor!


Don't forget to like Cooper and Chloe on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment