Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY Boy Valentine's Day Shirt


     For Valentine's Day this year, I decided to make Cooper a cute shirt that said, "BE MINE" on it. I used the same pink and white chevron that I used for Chloe's dress, here, and than ran it through my embroidery machine to stitch the letters, "BE MINE" on to it. I then used a fabric adhesive, that I ironed on to the back, to attach the tie to the plain white shirt. My only regret is not using a backing material when I was embroidering the letters onto the chevron. The tie looks a bit rumpled because I did not use a backer, but my son is 2, so he always looks a bit rumpled anyways! I then used my sewing machine to stitch the edges of the tie. That is not a necessary step, because I used a fabric adhesive, but I think it looks nicer with the stitched edges rather than leaving them plain. Overall, I think the shirt turned out okay, but next time I will defiantly use a backer! The overall cost was about $5 for the shirt and materials. :)


Don't forget to like Cooper and Chloe on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment