Friday, February 15, 2013

Caprese Tortellini Salad


Caprese Tortellini Salad
Yield: Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds (24 oz) cooked Olivieri Seven Cheese Tortellini
3/4 cup marinated Formaggio Mozzarella Balls
2 diced Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup olive oil
a pinch of salt and pepper

Directions: 

1. Cook your tortellini for the directed time on package, drain in strainer, and put into a large bowl.
2. Drizzle your tortellini with your olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix with a large spoon.
3. Add your diced tomatoes, chopped basil, and your mozzarella balls and mix with your large spoon. Enjoy!


   I made this recipe up on the fly this past weekend. I was hosting a party and wanted a vegetarian option to the hearty chili that I had made, because I am a vegetarian, and this is what I came up with. I know that a traditional caprese has balsamic vinegar in it, but I am NOT a fan, so I opted to leave it out. You are more than welcome to add a drizzle or two of balsamic and put less olive oil in your dish. Also, you are more than welcome to add some freshly grated Romano cheese, but I think the dish is great as it is! Enjoy!

Note: I bought both my marinated mozzarella balls and the fresh tortellini at Costco in the cheese and deli section.

Don't forget to like Cooper and Chloe on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment