Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Butterfly Invitations



My daughter's first birthday is next month so party planning is in full swing! I am going to do a Butterfly Theme to correspond with the butterfly theme in her nursery. I made these butterfly invitations for her first birthday party:



I started by using a shimmery dark purple Reflections cardstock for the base of the card. Then, I used an ivory Reflections cardstock for both the front and the back. For the back I ran the cardstock through my printer to add the date, time, when, where, etc for the birthday party. For the front I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the top 3/4 of the paper with a damask print and left the bottom 1/4 plain. I then used two ribbons, a purple and a sheer, to separate the top from the bottom. After that was secured with tape, I used two different Martha Stewart butterfly craft punches to make two different butterflies. I used the same ivory and purple paper that I had to make the card to also make the butterflies. I first punched a solid ivory butterfly and then punched a Monarch butterfly out of the purple paper. I secured both to each other and then to the ribbon. I topped the butterfly's head off with a little gem. In the bottom right corner, I added three gems to each invitation to add a little more sparkle. Now, all I have left to do is mail off the invitations and then get started on party decorations! I hope you all enjoy! :)



Don't forget to like Cooper and Chloe on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment