Friday, January 11, 2013

Carrot Baby Food


Carrot Baby Food in Slow Cooker
Yield: 14-16 cups 




Ingredients:

5 lbs baby carrots
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
3 cups of water



Directions: 

1. Turn your slow cooker on high for 6 hours. 
2. Add all your carrots to your slow cooker. 
3. Sprinkle your cinnamon and nutmeg over your carrots.
4. Pour your water over your carrots and cover. Stir occasionally.
5. After 6 hours of steaming your carrots should mush if pressed with the back of a spoon. Add your carrots and "juice" (the remaining water at the bottom of your slow cooker) to your food processor. My food processor is a 12 cup and I had to portion out half to blend and then blend the rest after I had removed the first batch from my food processor. 
6. Portion into ice cube trays and freeze for 24 hours. Pop the "ice cubes" out of the trays and put them in Ziploc bags to store in your freezer so that you have easy access to yummy and homemade baby food! 
7. When reheating your cubes of food for your little ones, I place two cubes in a mug or microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds per cube. Good luck!





My daughter clapping while eating her yummy carrots! :)

Make sure to Like my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page!




No comments:

Post a Comment