Banana Nut Toddler Muffins
Yield: 6-7 dozen mini muffins
4 ripe bananas
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup of sugar
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 cup of smashed walnuts
1. In your Kitchen Aid mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, add your bananas. Turn your mixer on medium for 30 seconds and whip the bananas.
2. Add your eggs, milk, and vegetable oil to your bananas. Mix well.
3. Add your sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Turn your mixer off and add in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Turn your mixer back on and mix on low for about 2 minutes. Make sure all the flour is incorporated well.
5. Add your cup of whole or halved walnuts to a large Ziploc bag, seal the bag, and smash the walnuts with a rolling pin. I do this so that the walnuts are small enough for even my 9 month old to easily eat without choking.
7. Spray your mini muffin tins with cooking spray and evenly disperse your batter with a Tablespoon measuring spoon: 1 tablespoon for each muffin cup in the tray.
8. Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes. You can bake up to two trays at a time in your oven. Be sure not to over fill your oven.
9. Pop the muffins out of the tray, once they are baked, and let your little ones enjoy! Obviously adults can eat these too, but I make these especially for my children. My 2 and a half year old son devourers these in seconds and my 9 month old daughter nibbles away as best she can with her two little teeth. Enjoy!
Make sure to Like my Cooper and Chloe Facebook page!