Tuesday, October 16, 2012

$10 Date Night



      Our fourth wedding anniversary was this past week and I made it my goal to spend as little money as possible and do as much as possible. First, I packed a basket with plastic utensils, paper plates, soda, bottled waters, bug repellent, and a blanket. My mom came over to take care of the kids around 5 pm and John and I got in the car to start our evening of cheap fun! I called in an order for two burritos at our local burrito barn. I had a "Buy One Get One Free" coupon, so with tip, our total came to $6. We picked up our food and made our way to the park near by. The picture above is from us in the park down by the duck pond enjoying our food. We sat by the pond watching the ducks and eating our yummy and cheap food for about an hour. Then we drove to the beach and strolled for another hour working off the food we had just gorged ourselves on. For dessert, I had a coupon for a "Free Dessert" at Macaroni Grill so we enjoyed a free Lemon Cake to share. We also received free "samplings" of wine from the bartender so we left a $4 tip. Lastly, we had movie tickets that I received as a gift several months ago, so we went to the movies and saw The Election. Normally, I am not a Will Farrell fan, but that movie was the perfect ending to a perfect evening and made me laugh and laugh and laugh!
     Overall, for $10 plus a couple gallons of gas, we each had a blast! It was such a wonderful evening and spending a few hours away from our house, children, and life was a great way to reconnect and get a little closer to each other. I swear by date nights. Hubba Hubba! :)

 
Our free dessert at Macaroni Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment