Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pinterest Fail!

     My son's second birthday was two weeks ago and it was almost a complete disaster. I planned and planned and planned his party for six months. I thought about everything I wanted to do, what decorations I wanted to put up, what cake I wanted to do, who to invite, what invitations I wanted to make, etc etc. Then, the week before his birthday party things just kept piling up that needed to be taken care of. The night before his party I sat down at my craft table and cranked out as much as I could possibly do in one night. It was a disaster, to say the least. The next morning I was a ball of nerves trying to get all the food prep done.
      I made two cheese cakes that I was going to stack on top of each other, I have been making cheese cakes for years and have never made a bad one. Everything just seemed to be going wrong with the chocolate ganache, Reese's cups, etc. I was so dissapointed with what I was serving to my guests I just wanted to cry.

I had planned on making this cake for his Monkey Themed party:




     This is what it ended up looking like:



Pinterest fail....Big Time! This is our first birthday party at our new house, so I officially know how NOT to throw a party at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment