Monday, June 4, 2012
Fresh Guacamole and Corn Chips
4 ripe Avocados
2 Roma tomatoes
4 large cloves of garlic
1 small-medium Vidalia onion
1/4 cup of chopped Cilantro
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Pepper
1. Slice avocados in half and pluck out pit. With a spoon or your fingers scoop out the pulp of the avocado into a bowl. With a fork mash the avocado until almost smooth.
2. Slice your tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds and juice. Dice your tomato into small bits and add to the avocado.
3. Chop your onion in small bits and add to avocado mixture.
4. With a garlic press mince your garlic into the avocado mixture.
5. Add your salt, pepper, and lemon juice to avocado mixture and stir well.
6. Chop your cilantro finely and add to avocado mixture. Stir once more.
7. Pour into serving bowl and enjoy!
10-15 Corn tortillas
1. Turn on your deep fryer to 375 F.
2. Quarter your corn tortillas into 4 triangles with your knife.
3. Add a handful of triangles into your deep fryer. They cook very fast so I use a fork to rotate them around. They take about a minute for each set of chips. You know they are done when they turn a golden complexion.
4. Remove the chips from your deep fryer and lay on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt while still hot from the fryer.
5. Repeat step 3 and step 4 until you have made all your chips.
6. Add all your chips to a serving bowl and enjoy!